. . . . and the winner is cricket


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tsunami Charity Match @ MCG

What a night! Managed to get out for a run in the morning at Queenscliffe (Vic) along the ocean front to Point Lonsdale lighthouse. It was wonderful being beside the sea, with the salt in the air. The first part of the run was on a sandy track along the cliff top, shrouded by a low, dense forest of casurina trees. Then down the dunes on to path along the seafront to Point Lonsdale.

On my turnaround, I thought that I would do the right thing and stopped at a water bubbler for a drink for the return. However this set up the old GI rumblings almost immediately, causing increasingly painful cramps, and eventually the need to slow to a walk whilst I plotted my escape from this public track wedged between the sea and a steep wall.

Luckily, a set of stairs leading to up the wall appeared and I made my way up them as quickly as possible. Gradually I was able to run again, and found a track leading along the top of the dunes. I enjoyed the uneven surface and made it back to the Guesthouse about 90 minutes after I started.

Probably about 14-15kms of running all up - although my legs were a bit tired, I felt good although am becoming increasingly frustrated at the inability to drink on runs, especially when I had only had restricted myself to a clear fluid diet for 4 days before hand.

A shower, bikes in the car, and then to Melbourne for a magic night of cricket at the MCG. Whilst I am not over fond of pyjama matches, being something of a Test aficionado, the atmosphere was marvellous, with very good cricket.

A great day.


0 Responses to “. . . . and the winner is cricket”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km