The week beyond


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been lax in blogging this week, despite feeling remarkably good. Perhaps I felt that I would jinx it if I said that "I feel good" and then collapse in a screaming heap.

However, it's Friday morning, and I'm confident that I pulled up very well from my first Marathon experience, and am actually healthier than I usually am.

Monday, Bob and I went down to the pool and spent time in the Spa and Steamroom for recovery. I went for an easy 60 minute walk in the afternoon and felt good.
Tuesday, more of the same with a more concerted, vigorous 6k walk on the hilly trails of Black Mountain.

Started running on Wednesday at the BBQ Stakes, cycling there and back. I went off an early handicap to chat with some friends, yet the pace was too slow for comfort, and I ran ahead. I was surprised that this 6k run was done so easily in 32:20 with no stiffness in the calves or quads.

Thursday was spent on the road bike, adding some hills in preparation for Newcastle. Through Coppins Crossing there and back, I cycled up Mt Stromlo three times, finding each repeat easier and quicker. The weather turned and I came home, however a 'good' 48k under the belt.

Friday, and it's Customs 5k Day! I shall go off my normal handicap and see how it goes. Weather is uninspiring, so no bike today.


2 Responses to “The week beyond”

  1. Blogger Sarah 

    Way to go Carolyne!!

    Sounds as though you're at a great point health and fitness wise to have recoverd so well.

    Enjoy your weekend!

  2. Blogger Aki 

    Can't wait to hear you're report. Did Elly turn up again? :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km