Aquathon #2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My new helmet arrived this morning - a bright yellow "Limar" from Italia via Dean Woods Direct in Wangaratta. This was to replace my Giro that was cracked and renderred unsafe in the car prang. Whooppee!

The Aquathon this evening was a 600m swim followed by a 6km run. Felt pretty good in the swim, and even remebered to push a bit at times, instead of adding a meandering effort to my my meandering navigation.

Last from my wave (the last) out of the water, I had slight difficulty in gettin my wet and dirty feet into my shoes, but was off on the best leg (I love running). With loads of people from the previous waves and a 2 lap course, there was quite of lot of company, even if they were in the other direction. The body held up well, being able to take in some water at each turn around, 1.5k; 3k; and 4.5k without ill effect this time. Even splits of about 6:50 for each 1.5k lap meant that I was pretty happy. Cycled home with lights in the twilight, arriving back at 8.30pm pretty happy with the way things are going.

I wonder if entering the Triathlon on Sunday is really stupid.


0 Responses to “Aquathon #2”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km