A clipped wing (or something not-so-flash)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bob finally convinced me to go to the doctor about my ankle. It was quite painful overnight, and extremely swollen this morning with an attractive Hendrix-esque purple haze descending over the foot. It disturbed my sleep quite a bit last night, and we resurrected the walking stick this morning to assist me hobble-!hop!-hobble-!hop! around.

I bounced into the doc's office on my good clog, leaving the other on the floor behind me as even it didn't fit now.

Stating up front that I thought it was only a sprain, he came back with asking me what race did I need it right for this weekend! Bob just laughed and mentioned the half marathon this weekend, and the one the week after . . .

I was then presented with a a crash course of Torture 101 as he prodded and poked in places I wouldn't have thought it was possible to hurt. Although a fracture is possible, we will treat it as a sprain for now. I got the R I E OK, but omitted the C for compression. He strapped my ankle thoroughly, and it now presents a large brown target.


No half for me this weekend, must ring Ken and see if there is something I can do to help sitting down I'm really tired and feel under the weather now.

Moral of the story: Washing, and housework generally is a dangerous activity and should be avoided.


2 Responses to “A clipped wing (or something not-so-flash)”

  1. Blogger Unknown 

    Gosh Flashduck! That's dreadful! I had no idea you'd had an accident until reading your last post; very disappointing for the half, but it could have been far worse; I think you should rest it as much as you can, but make sure you "hop & hobble" to the drinks on Sunday; I hope to be in Canberra around 11:00am...earlier if I can get away.

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    I'd agree with the moral of the story Flash. Might I borrow it for my signature? See you at the 1st Canberra CR drinks!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km