Mt Ainslie Run Up, Run Home, and Email


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Too little sleep, caused by heavy night sweats which meant I was cold and wet all night. Finally returned to sleep about the time I has hoped to get up, and slept through until way too late. I felt groggy, headachey and my eyes were gritty all morning, however I managed to get to the Mt Ainslie Run-up at lunchtime.

The monthly turn-up is increasing all the time, surprising Bob who hadn't been to this event for years. I chatted to others at the start of the run, although found that I felt good and drew away to run on my own. Slow and steady, I caught up with one or two guys on the steepest bits, and managed to finish feeling strong. Best of all the endorphins kicked in and the grey cloud of blah lifted.

Chatted about duathlon jogging down from the summit, and waited for Bob to return via the roadway. It was a good day for running, about 20*, so I decided to jog home through Glebe Park, the ANU and the Botanic Gardens. This gave me access to water en route, and generally good trail surfaces.

All up, about 16k, including a minor PB for the Run-up of 18:00.

In the bath when I got home (I love my bath after a run), I had a Eureka moment about what may be the problem with the email being rejected. Unfortunately this required further phone calls to Telstra, which had to be delayed until after dinner, and took somewhat longer than it should have. Nevertheless, I am now up and running again, although it seems that all email traffic in that intervening period has been lost to the ether.

Tomorrow - BBQ Stakes and ideally a good ride. Bob is heading off to cycle to the South Coast tomorrow morning, and will be away for a few days. Hopefully I might be able to turn up to the Bilbys swim squad tomorrow evening as well.

Life is good.


0 Responses to “Mt Ainslie Run Up, Run Home, and Email”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km