Friday in Canberra


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



No exercise yesterday, spent the day travelling and standing around drinking cups of Tea. Back fairly late, so we had a hamburger at Marulan on the way back. Didn't enjoy it, and shouldn't have bothered.

Felt good on waking though, and snuck in a quick ride on the road bike through Coppins and up Stromlo (once only). Went to Customs 5k at lunchtime, although it was apparent on a warm up jog that it was going to be a slow old day. The wind blew up greatly, creating some dust storms which made it difficult before the start. On the course, I was conscious that I started off extremely slowly, and the wind around the lake was fierce. During the second and 3rd kilometres I picked up a bit, however faded a little after that.

All in all I was reasonably pleased with 23:41, as I was only expecting to hang on to 5 minute pace. I went to Regatta Point for an espresso, a jug of water to wash down my gel and fill up my fuel belt bottles, and then headed off at a slow, but comfortable pace to head home via the Botanic Gardens and Black Mountain Bushland. It was a beautiful afternoon and it was a lovely way to spend an hour or so.

I hope to head off fairly early to Albury for the Nail Can Hill run tomorrow, and will throw my Mountain Bike in the car with the hope to cycle over the course in the afternoon. This will depend on time and weather (I hate the cold!), but it seems worthwhile to plan for.

Hopefully I will get to meet Gronk at the run and let him now how well he is improving.

Until Sunday! or beyond!


2 Responses to “Friday in Canberra”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    And you know what I would do for that 23:40 time! In heavy wind, eek! Good luck for nail can hill! It was cold this morning so tomorrow should be fun for you. :)

  2. Blogger Unknown 

    I hope you enjoy the weekend ride, Flash Duck; take it easy!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km