To Albury we shall go . . .


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hi Ho, the Dairy-O, to Albury we shall go.

If in this case the 'we' is royal, and it is now in the past tense.

I am sitting on a bed in an Albury motel room, feeling as though I need to thaw out, although I suspect my chills are the result of low blood sugar, not the ambient temperature. I had a great drive down here, listening to a good range of music, singing along when I felt like it, and feeling like the king of the road.

Put my cycling gear on and the bike together when I arrived and cruised around this nice little autumnal town ~ loads of people out having picnics and playing footy in the park around the river. Met up with some Canberra running types, mostly by accident, and made arrangements with Rad for the morning. Rode over the final part of the run for tomorrow on my Mountain Bike with Slicks, quite happy with my off road skills and will get on the dirt more when I get back to Canberra. Now back in my motel room, trying to warm up, and prepare for checking out before the race tomorrow. It may be a race for some, it will be a nice friendly experience ~ a good chance to get away and see some familiar and not so familiar faces.

Bob is planning to cycle down the coast next weekend and visit some relatives, whereas I am keen to stay put for a while and establish some routine with Geoff's group and being a bit more reliable with friends.

It's not that cold, but boy, do I need to warm up!


0 Responses to “To Albury we shall go . . .”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km