A red sky at night, and a new rising star


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a great day!

Aki has completed her second 10k race and blitzed it!

I didn't have great expectations for a personally fast time today after a big mileage week, and was satisfied with my 47:54, a second or two faster than the same course 9 weeks ago.

The star of the day though was undoubtedly Aki. With little race experience and a hectic schedule, she went out to go well, and did. Caught up with the excitement of the event, she was even the leading female for a few kilometres. The out-and-back course provided a good opportunity to see the front markers whizz past, while my favourite running buddy and I once again mirrored each other for most of the run. Apart from being self conscious of my endemic anti-social spitting, exacerbated by the restrictive fluid diet, I thoroughly enjoyed his company.

Unfortunately, I was not at the end to see Aki finish, and was delighted and stunned at her great race. She came away with a 5 minute PB and a trophy! I felt quite proud and high at her achievement matched by a grin from ear to ear that wouldn't give up. We celebrated afterwards with a beverage or two in the sun of The Deck at Regatta Point before heading home.

Bring on the challenge of the Canberra Half Marathon next week.

Bob has now reached Goulburn, enjoying the climb up Camberwarra Mountain on a sealed road, through Kangaroo Valley, Bundanoon and Bungonia. A big day for him, although he now is only a hop and skip from home tomorrow.


1 Responses to “A red sky at night, and a new rising star”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Thanks Carol! :) Of course I wouldn't have contemplated running beyond 5k without your support and those of the customs runners. You've been more inspirational to me than I can ever express, so thanks, and lets take on that half next week. :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km