BBQ'd Muffins and 70 candles


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In spite of my ankle injury, I went along to the BBQ Stakes today. Another freakishly good day for running for this time of year, and a decent turn-up of 53 runners and two injured. Although I was virtually unrecognisable in street clothes, there was an important event in conjunction with today's handicap. Anne Young, a woman I chased and chased (rarely catching) when I commenced running seriously in 1991, was celebrating a milestone birthday, her 70th, and was going to run today.

A few of us organised bottles of champagne, a cake and candles, and a big basket of muffins. Cutting a cake into 53 equal slices didn't seem like a feasible post race idea! The celebration went well with quite a few people hanging around for a while to chat.

My ankle has already improved considerably, and I am hopeful of my chances for the SMH Half in 11 days time. Bob reminded me that I was instructed to keep my foot facing forward rather than sideways when putting weight on it. This hurts. Actually, it hurts a lot, but it was explained to us how it is necessary to strengthen the ligaments.

I feel like I've lost a limb or something not being able to run at the moment. Went to the library this afternoon for a guide to HTML so that I may be a bit more elegant with my blogging. Visited the sport section, and came away with a book or four on marathoning. If I can't do it, I can Just Read It!


0 Responses to “BBQ'd Muffins and 70 candles”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km