Injured Ankle ~ Day 3


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



OK. I coped pretty well for the first couple of days, however I'm getting pretty anxious now to get going.

One can always count on your husband for words of encouragement. When I took off my bandage yesterday for Voltaren Gel and ice, Bob came out with a disgusted yuck!, followed by the assertion that "it might feel better, but it looks horrible". Gee, thanks, Bob.

Having spent rather too long on my feet yesterday, I have tried to busy myself today in sedentary activities. This is OK up to a point, but I want go out and run!

On the bright side, there are a number of compensating factors to this enforced lay-off;

  1. I can eat. Maybe not with complete immunity, but hell, if I'm not running I may as well have some solid food for a change!
    To this end I will go to Geoff's Running Group social dinner on Friday night. Woo Hoo!
  2. A taper / rest probably will do me a little good after a high mileage week (c.100 k's).
  3. It's marvellous to have an injury for a change instead of just being sick.
  4. It allows time for my skin to heal where it has been rubbed raw from the HRM strap.
  5. It gives my eyes a break from wearing contact lenses.

I'm sure that there's more, but I can't think of them at the moment! I wish I was out under the orange "Hey Diddle Diddle Moon" running around Dickson Oval.




3 Responses to “Injured Ankle ~ Day 3”

  1. Blogger Hannah 

    Glad your ankle is feeling better!!!

  2. Blogger Gronk 

    Oh dear Flashduck ! I hope your ankle is on the mend soon.

  3. Blogger Unknown 

    Patience! Patience! Patience! Just keep adding to the list of all that's positive in this lay-off, Flash Duck; by the time you've thought of a few more, it'll be time to go running again!

    Looking forward to seeing you again on Sunday. LL

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km