My Best Training Run, ever?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It wasn't an ideal surface, spectacular or new scenery, fast or long.
But the company was perfect.

At the cross country yesterday, I met up with my foot perfect running buddy Peter for a warm up and chat afterwards. He was assisting at the monthly Women & Girls Jogalong on Sunday, and suggested that we have a jog afterwards.
I planned to meet up with a friend who is just returning to running, and jog the 6k course with her, before doing a few k's with Peter. The post-event barrel draws and gathering of the many took quite a while as per usual. However, we eventually got on our way at 11:00am.
From the outset it was the most pleasant run imaginable. I am sure that I rabbited on incessantly in part due to nerves, yet he accepted it with seeming good humour and the clockwise loop of West Basin passed effortlessly. Before I knew it we were back at our starting point in Weston Park. A few stretches and a coffee later topped off an almost perfect training run.
I hope that this is the start of many others, and look forward to devouring many of the soft surfaced trails of Canberra's nature parks and forests with him in the future. In the end, we did the 16km loop at a steady 5:30 pace throughout, feeling fresh.

Thank you.


2 Responses to “My Best Training Run, ever?”

  1. Blogger Bennyr 

    Sounds beautiful, Carolyne.

    There's nothing like a good training run. Just reading your post gives me an "I know what you mean" smile. A bit like my "T-Shirt Weather" run last week.

    Don't you love 'em?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Congratulations on your selection to the 2005 World Duathlon Championships. You've done well.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km