Ice Cream in the Air


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm finding this current cold snap very difficult. I cycled down to Customs today, in part to try out my new handlebar bag and the handling of the bike with it attached. With the map pocket fully 'loaded' and folded out, it worked a treat, with no appreciable alteration in the bike's handling. Despite wearing a wind-stopper fleece, skullcap under my helmet, and gloves I was far too cold, and actually developed an ice cream headache from the chill. Bbbrrrrr.

Although early enough, was not able to warm up at all, as there was no one else to hold the watch, and quite a few newbies. Thankfully, Paul arrived with 7 seconds to spare, and I went off with Adrienne, a first time customs attendee. We chatted for the first 3km and then I must have moved off a bit, although I didn't mean to then. Whilst I was sprinted past by the eventual winner near the line, I was surprised at what an easy run it was. Maybe going out a bit easier for 5kms might be worth trying in future.

At the end, Bob turned up on his bike, having cycled out to Phillip to buy a seat rail mounted bidon holder. We popped up to the Deck at Regatta Point for a coffee, and caught up. It was wonderful to see him, however as he pedaled home, I first headed east to ride around East Basin and Jerrabomba Wetlands. I wore everything I had with me this time, including arm warmers and super heavy duty full finger gloves, and I only warmed up 500m from home.

A good day, and especially good having seen Aki yesterday, it feels like it's been a long time.


0 Responses to “Ice Cream in the Air”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km