Post Race Physio Assessment


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Saw Graeme Sproule (from SportsCare and Physiotherapy) this morning for treatment and an assessment following the Half Marathon on Sunday. I was delighted with how well the ankle held out and I managed to get through the event without drama. Interestingly, objective testing indicated that it was much less flexible than on Friday, and the 'gentle' massage and targeted exercises hurt a lot!

Once again it was some of the best value I have had for my bucks ~ it has been so long since I have had been treated for injury that I forgot how beneficial it could be. My most recent physio sessions involved :-

  • being trained to swallow;
  • trying to crawl and/or balance on all fours;
  • relieving contractures in my left hand.

This is brilliant - I can RUN!!!!!

Anyone living or visiting Canberra, I heatedly recommend Graeme. Good Bloke. Great Professional. Nice Guy.

The rest of the day disappeared under a mountain of errands, a haircut / running talk session with a fellow member of Geoff's 'Team Moore', and further errands and grocery shopping.

Winter has hit Canberra. Late, but a disheartening day of grey skies, wind curling crisp brown leaves around the streets, and an icy wind. Perhaps I can blame this on my resolve weakening and eating dinner tonight (solid food). Enjoyed it too. A pumpkin and tofu curry with basmati rice I had made for Bob. Far from ideal before the BBQ Stakes tomorrow, but winter does make it harder to live on FortiJuice alone.


0 Responses to “Post Race Physio Assessment”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km