Trial Jog Wash Up


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



First Things First:
To Do List (from Physio)

  1. Balance Exercise
    10 seconds each foot, 2-3 minutes.
    Harder with - Soft surface (trampoline or cushion)
    - Eyes closed
  2. Wobble Board
    Forward/Back x 3-4 minutes
    Side to Side
    Circles
    'Balance'
  3. Belt Mobilisation
    x 2 minutes
  4. Ice, Anti inflammatories

I thought that I should put that front and centre before anything else to remind myself. (Acknowledgement to Gronk for putting his training programme for the SMH on his Blog).


Went for a run/jog around midday. Although starting out on an even bike-path (as per Bob's suggestion), I quickly determined that I would enjoy and test my ankle much better if I went into the bushland of Aranda and Black Mountain From the outset, it was apparent that my (injured) right ankle was pretty good with the strapping. In fact, my left ankle and knees felt painful! Importantly, I was surprised at how stiff my muscles were in the calves after a week of inactivity. I seemed to warm up a bit, even if pretty slow. As much as I enjoyed eating over the last week, it was apparent that it remains incompatible with activity, especially running. Mmmmm, FortiJuice.

On the one extended downhill on the course, the ligament on the of the sprained ankle did hurt quite a bit, although was bearable. All up, maybe a bit short of 6km of undulating trails. A good start. I remain optimistic about Sunday, even though my time will be s.l.o.w. Oh well, gotta look at the big picture!

Time to wobble and Ice!



2 Responses to “Trial Jog Wash Up”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    depedning on your definition of slow! That's looking up Carol, here's to it coming through for you! Thanks for being there on Sunday. :)

  2. Blogger Unknown 

    Well, if you are going to be really slow, join me!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km