BBQ Stakes and the Fashionista Rad


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I took every precaution to get to the starting line at the BBQ Stakes today having indulged in food last night. I managed OK, if more than a tad uncomfortable, and did a considerable negative split as the hills of the first half were ascended (c.60m) and I warmed up. There was quite a wind blowing making it hard going at first, however once over the worst of it (about 4km) I opened up and ran much faster at the end.

  • First 3kms = 16:10
  • Next 3kms = 14:25



BBQ Stakes Course

In fact, the last 2kms were done in under 9 minutes. The first 4km took nearly 22.

Afterwards, visited The Runners Shop to meet Rad who was looking at some new running shoes. Much to my surprise, this runner in his mid-seventies was keen to get buy the best available for his feet (I estimate that the Kayanos he was wearing are circa 1962), however dismissed the new Kayanos instantly for not being aesthetically pleasing enough (to wit; lacking 'blue' - his favourite colour).

After much trying on, we finally settled on a pair of Asics Nimbus VI (blue and silver grey), although it was a bit of a battle in ensuring that he didn't walk away with the 11 1/2 size which were certainly too large.

He will be the best looking guy out there when he is kitted out at the next race!

My ankle is still a bit iffy after Sunday, rather stiff to run on and it is certainly slowing me down. Now, I just have to decide what to do tomorrow. The swirling wind and colder weather takes the gloss off cycling, so maybe a swim and a rambling run?


0 Responses to “BBQ Stakes and the Fashionista Rad”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km