An unplanned rest day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I felt pretty good this morning.

Bob had lots of things to do in preparation for leaving for Vietnam on Thursday, and I offered to go with him to assist with some errands and technological decisions. So I threw on some clothes, despite being in need of a shower, and joined him.

The morning disappeared in a blur of bike stores, memory card sellers, and foreign exchange dealers. We left without dong (Vietnamese currency), with US dollars, and not much time to get to my medical appointment at lunchtime.

We spent a whole hour not only at the GP's, but with the GP which is rather notable. It was essentially a periodic review, and I wanted Bob to be involved or aware of the discussions relating to my diet (liquid), running, night sweats et al.

Afterwards, Bob grabbed some fresh turkish bread from our local pide shop, and made himself lunch. We then resumed our search from one end of the city to the other with mixed success. This wore me out completely, I got very dizzy and weak, and suddenly the notion of racing off to do hill repeats at Parliament House lost it's gleam. As the discussion at the doc's had turned to hypoglycemia I slumped into bed at home after a hot bath relieve my goose pimples (when I'm like this, I only fall over in the shower, so bathing is the only option). Then to bed with a hot cup of broth to warm my insides, and a fortijuice to fortify.

I picked up, but too late to get to Parliament House. Bob went to a spin/run brick session and I weakened when I got up and made myself an egg white omelette (of sorts).

The funniest thing was, my doc (seriously) suggested that I didn't run, and become obsessed with swimming instead! As the three of us all had a good belly laugh, he then prescribed that I "sit around and eat chocolate". I wish that New Zealand style lifestyle prescriptions were already available and I had this in writing to frame.
"Do not run, and sit around and eat chocolate"

Feel (kinda) guilty about the omelette, hope it doesn't cause too many problems tomorrow. It shouldn't, no fat, no fibre.

Slight change in medication, preparation for some tests in a couple of weeks, and a referral back to my dietitian. In the meantime, I'll just keep warm.

'night, night . . . . . . .


2 Responses to “An unplanned rest day”

  1. Blogger Jen 

    Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so well FD. However a little birdie (who goes by the name of Aki) told me that you had been selected in the Australian team for the World Duathlon Championships - congratulations !!! That is fantastic news - go girl ! J

  2. Blogger Hannah 

    Sit around and eat chocolate - now there's a prescription I'd like to have! LOL!

    Feel better soon :) and having just read jen's comment, congrats, too!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km