Bob -1, Mt Ainslie revisited


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ain't Cool Running wonderful?

I'm constantly amazed at how an on-line site has created a real community, and of the friendships and support that it has directly engendered. Just as over the weekend I couldn't stop thinking about Lucky Legs, Wombatface, Hannah, Ben and others up at the Gold Coast, I had a great week training with Aki and introducing her to some other runs around Canberra. And on the weekend I hope to go for a longish training run with CJ on Saturday.

I would still be on a downer (2603) if it weren't for meeting up with Aki this morning and getting out in Mt Ainslie's wonderland this morning. Coming home to see messages from CJ, Jen and JTI is icing on the cake. (Mmm, cake).
I lobbed up to the Mt Ainslie run-up today, another big field, although not the usual faces who are normally around my pace. At the start I was too busy congratulating a fellow customs runner who had a blistering race in his first mountain bike event, finishing second. Too soon I drew away from the back markers and there was daylight between me and everyone else. I probably should have had some sustenance before the run-up, as my legs felt fine, but I was lacking somewhat in energy. I picked up towards the end, when I saw a bloke walking ahead of me. I never caught him, but it certainly was good to see someone else on the course. I did a poor time, 18:21, and didn't hang around at the finish but jogged straight down to have a fortifying FortiJuice. (Mmm, FortiJuice). I then did what I had been putting off until the last minute, shopping for food to restock the house for Bob's return.

I must admit it has been much easier only having low residue, low fat drinks and foods in front of me, not having to cook, or smell Bob's tucker. So, I stocked up on the basics for breakfast; muesli, soy milk, fruit and yoghurt. For lunch; tofu and eggplant to grill, tomatoes, mesclun, tapenade, lean ham, and eggs. Dinner is more of a problem for me to avoid, and I have some pumpkin and tofu curry in the freezer already. Lots of vegetables, bananas, 5kg of basmati rice, soba and udon noodles, 20kg of rye and linseed flours, extra virgin olive oil . . . .

Stop it! I had better make a batch of bread rolls for his lunch tomorrow, and stop thinking about this glorious fibre-rich, fresh food!


4 Responses to “Bob -1, Mt Ainslie revisited”

  1. Blogger CJ 

    I was just thinking the same thing today FD - Cool Running is great and I am so fortunate to be a part of it. Only wish I had known about it sooner. Anyway, fingers crossed we get to run on Saturday -looking forward to it.

  2. Blogger Wobbly man 

    I wasn't hungry until I read your blog - now I'm starving!

  3. Blogger Sarah 

    Mmmmmm foooood :-)

    Hope you have a great night tonight - I bet Bob's going to have so many stories for you!! I certainly can't wait to hear them all!

  4. Blogger Hannah 

    Aw, thanks for the support! CR is just fantastic, isnt it? Sometimes I wonder if I'd have given up on this running lark a long time ago, if it werent for all the lovely people I've met through it!

    Stay cool! :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km