Sunday Washup - Weekend Wanderings


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Pulled up really well from the Willy to Billy . . . no muscles aches, no twinges, no excessive fatigue. Just the desire for a hot bath! Bob was miserable with a bad cold, and not feeling too optimistic about even being able to front for his big race on Sunday. Triathlon ACT (TACT) had their Duathlon Championships on over a testing course mimicking the conditions in Newcastle.

It wasn't raining Sunday morning, despite the predictions, so he headed down to Deeks Drive to try his luck. The PPRB picked me up to attend the Vets Athletics Monthly Handicap at Urambi Hills on the south-side of town. I thought that a gentle recovery run would do me no harm, and it was a rare chance to catch up with some people I see far too infrequently. It was far colder at the marshaling point than I imagined, and froze somewhat. Discarding all remnants of vanity, I tucked my warm top into my tights and run like that for a few kms until I defrosted. Slow and steady, my knees were a bit crunchy and clicky to begin with, however they had deteriorated since I had run out of the Glucosamine I had taken with a healthy dose of scepticism for about three months. With Osteoarthritis, and having had much success with high doses of Vioxx since it's release I didn't have much to lose. It took some weeks, but my joints were better. I didn't give it any thought when I ran out of my supply, but had noticed the gradual return of symptoms.

Despite a reputation as a hilly course, I felt stronger and enjoyed the trot around, with no temptation to push too hard as people passed me. Friar seemed to be having a picnic and was engrossed in conversation at the halfway turnaround, and Speedy Geoff urged the PPRB and I to stop chatting and go faster. I felt good and was happy with my time of 40 minutes for the 7km ~ happier because of the lack of pace and being 'sensible'! I was delivered to the site of the Duathlon to meet up with Boy Harlow. He had completed the event, although was cold and somewhat miserable with his cold.

I know that I should get on the bike, but am still so focused on the Marathon. Things are looking good.


0 Responses to “Sunday Washup - Weekend Wanderings”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km