Canberra Capital Triathlon


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Not Last (at least)

What a buzz! Although I did a sprint triathlon at Benalla just after Christmas, my Big Sleep had sapped my confidence. Felt good from the start, not anxious just a few excited nerves . . . planning to take it as a long training session.

Got through the swim, so much so I actually enjoyed swimming in the lake where there weren't too many people banging into me and navigation was reduced to 2 turns. A bit disappointed with my split, however I suspect it was just a tad long.

Didn't rush transition, and enjoyed getting on the bike. Felt as though I was moving OK, however only managed to pass one solitary rider over the 2 lap course, and this was a hollow victory when I saw the 70 on his calf. Concentrated on form and keeping my upper body still, and rode just about the entire course on the bars.

Through T2 to the run, and apart from difficulty in getting my right shoe on this was much quicker .. . . my new helmet is much better! Paced myself on the run, and felt good although was unsure of splits. Drank at each of the 6 drink stations without ill effect and everything held together. Lots of support from the sidelines, I am easy to pick out when so far back! Apart from the inside lining of my shoe wearing away and rubbing my un-socked and wet feet, it was an enjoyable run with a split time of 49:30 which I was happy with as I didn't flog myself.

Now I am thinking of the 2.5k Sri Chimnoy Lake Swim in a fortnight sans wetsuit. Slow, but I reckon I can do it!



0 Responses to “Canberra Capital Triathlon”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km