The Harlow has landed


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Night Sweats: moderate +

As I write this, Bob should be disembarking from the flight and queuing for customs. However I just checked the Sydney Airport site, and it's still up there. Just landed, only 70 minutes late. I feel good, and this is no doubt in part due to my returning to sleep after waking at my recent ridiculous 'usual time' about 5:15am. I was pretty sweaty, so changed the towel I was lying on (I know, too much information) and cuddled up with Lucy. Thankfully she is going well again. A few days ago I feared that the end was nigh ~ she had thrown up twice in 24 hours, and in attempting to climb up the ladder to the loft, misjudged her steps and came tumbling down. I'm trying to take a very pragmatic view of these things. Just as I have no qualms about euthanasia for people, I certainly would not want to extend her life if suffering. Thankfully, she is back to her normal self, and will see Bob this afternoon and her 20th Birthday.

I left for a run quite late this morning. It was a beautiful day to run, quite clear and relatively warm with very little breeze. I sought to use the McMillan pace charts for the first time for pace of my training run, however I shall certainly need to some some advice on this. On the undulating (to downright hilly) trails around Black Mountain bushland, the upper and lower limits were inadequate. Obviously there needs to be some margin, but what is reasonable? Any advice would be gratefully accepted! Pacing tolerance aside, it was a gorgeous run, coincidentally much of it over the MTB and run courses in Saturday's duathlon. I did not include the goat track known as "Breakfast Hill" however! After a slow warm up, it was magic, especially towards the end, when, running through Aranda Bushland I was accompanied for nearly a kilometre by a small flock of Black Cockatoos. Surely they are the most majestic of birds? Such an fantastic sight when flying, their streamlined bodies with massive wedged tails, and yellow faces. Having them fly around me, creaking door squawks, some at knee and head height.

Bob is now back, looking wonderful and relaxed, and tanned, and fit despite his protestations that "he has done no training" (!) I have already been regaled with some wonderful tales, and he dropped off during the SBS Tour de France summary. Now, he is finishing off his first Carolyne-style meal for a month; tandoori tofu, cauliflower and eggplant (and some chicken ~ he has become decidedly omnivorous over the last year or two), with onions, garlic, carrots and green beans tossed through. I wrapped this in garlic chapatis with arugula and yoghurt. I meanwhile had some broth and then (whoopee) Jelly (green and red!). I am going to lash out and have some FortiJuice to finish off.

There is a great deal to do, not the least to contact CJ about our planned run together on Saturday, and to submit my entry for the King of the Mountain. I had to check with Bob that he didn't have anything else organised yet. Bob has just fallen asleep again. Night night.



5 Responses to “The Harlow has landed”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Can't help you with the pacing thing, but Jack must have fell ill around the time Lucy did, collapsing in the middle of the backyard, yet he's back on his feet and happily demanding food. I wonder if our animals have the same star sign? Jack is a November doggy.

  2. Blogger Sarah 

    For those who can't read the 1 point font - :-)

    I have already been regaled with some wonderful tales, and he dropped off during the SBS Tour de France summary. Now, he is finishing off his first Carolyne-style meal for a month; tandoori tofu, cauliflower and eggplant (and some chicken ~ he has become decidedly omnivorous over the last year or two), with onions, garlic, carrots and green beans tossed through. I wrapped this in garlic chapatis with arugula and yoghurt. I meanwhile had some broth and then (whoopee) Jelly (green and red!). I am going to lash out and have some FortiJuice to finish off.

    There is a great deal to do, not the least to contact CJ about our planned run together on Saturday, and to submit my entry for the King of the Mountain. I had to check with Bob that he didn't have anything else organised yet. Bob has just fallen asleep again. Night night.

  3. Blogger Sarah 

    We got home yesterday and discovered our kitty had done "number 2's" on the carpet which is completely out of character for her, she's never not used her litter tray.

    We checked the tray and it was clean - maybe something weird is happening with all pets??

  4. Blogger CJ 

    Mia (aka Miss Scaredy Cat) is doing well, touch wood. Mind you, she is only a baby of nearly 3 year of age, Lucy has 17 years on her.

  5. Blogger Cirque 

    I can't believe I'm posting this in someone's blog but my very beautiful girl Bella had a little accident yesterday too.
    Bella and I both send Lucy our love and best wishes.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km