I've been tagged!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



23rd Post from 8 February 2005:


Worn out by the Supermarket . I don't like to shop. But I like to run, cycle and now swim, and that is what I did today . . . starting with a 6k jog in the bush this morning to check that my new shoes were OK. I then went to the pool and did 3k again, however this time I did the warm up with fins (and clearing my goggles) over 500m, with a steady 2.5k freestyle to finish. Worked on my arms and breathing to give me confidence for the Sri Chimnoy Lake Swim on Sunday. Late afternoon saw me out on the road bike for a whirl, although the wind was high and gusty at the time, which made the going hard. Something of a tailwind on the return journey which was welcome. Planned 'quick' trip to the supermarket lasted over an hour and enabled me to stock up on many of those essentials we had run short of. I hate shopping (bike shops, ship chandler's, camping supplies etc excepted). Even if I didn't enjoy it, I felt virtuous and satisfied with what I had achieved. Mad rush home, change into running gear and off to the ACT Cross Country Summer Series 5k. There was a huge turnout ~ 50 women and 86 men ~ and I was pleasantly surprised that I came in at 22:38 and a negative split after such a big day. Especially the shopping.



Gosh, did I do all that?

Here are the rules:

1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or the closest one to it)
4. Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag five other people

I tag Stephen Lacey; MonnyChick; Travis; Travy and Matty.


2 Responses to “I've been tagged!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh yes I hate shopping too FD. Grrr.

    Keep powering on with the SBR matey ! :)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I still have your favourite swimming cap.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km