A Magic Aranda Ramble


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bob was home today, and we spent the morning organising the bed order in the light industrial area of Fyshwick. Sometimes things can go right, and the bed base I had wanted was 25% off. Bob was happy with my decision. I was keen on a latex mattress having grown up with one. They are very expensive; however I had narrowed it down to three options at stores other than where the divan base was to be ordered from. As there were (genuine!) discounts from the prices I had been quoted the previous week, I did check out their mattresses and found what I wanted at a third off the price! Still an expensive little package, but this divan will get plenty of use in my study here and I am now quite excited. Hopefully delivery will be (well) before Christmas!

Bob is acting as chauffeur tomorrow, driving his (part time) boss down to the rest of the electorate at Jervis Bay for a full 12-hour day of meetings. We decided to ‘celebrate’ (any excuse) with a coffee at The Deck. Along Parkes Way we saw an echidna (we are sure that it’s our echidna) on the narrow nature strip with a high retaining wall on the other side. We were both very concerned, so rushed to the café to get a telephone book and rang the ACT Rangers to report it so he may be rescued. This went well, so we were able to relax over a coffee on a gorgeous looking, although still breezy day. We disagreed about the direction the wind was coming from, so I pulled out the trusty Compass function on Nokia 5140. Cool!!

I had to wait a couple of hours after we got home before I could go for a run and start taking the Imodium. When I did get out, the wind had died down and it was a magical, magical run. Sometimes it is wonderful just to follow one’s nose and (warning: big lie coming) ignore the time (I did have GPS and foot pod technology). Once again, fairly slow to begin with, not made easier by my decision to not follow any standard route and wind up and down single track.

A stunning run, a little over an hour and it felt soooo good!


3 Responses to “A Magic Aranda Ramble”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good work flashduck, looks like we will be able to "race" again soon.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That bed looks great! Glad you are feeling better! GG

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, Bob's trip to Jervis Bay reminded me of the Australian Long Course champs that are now going to be held down there in February. Are the two of you likely to be going down there? There's a few locals up here who are keen on qualifying for the World's in Canberra next year - I'm not too confident on the qualifying, but will definitely be coming down for the Huskisson race

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km