Short Post:


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I almost expected the dreaded DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) to come and bite me on the bum, quads and calves today after my arrogant assertion about pulling up well. Once again, nothing. Legs are slow – did the 7k Ginninderra Stakes today at around 5 minute pace, but certainly not stiff or sore. Weird.

This has started to crystallise a few thoughts as a result. My endurance seems pretty good, and I love the long stuff, particularly the long stuff on trails in the bush. I think that Ultra’s are calling me!

One of the downsides of the weekend run doesn’t relate to injury or soreness, and perhaps it’s after the swim last night, however this afternoon I have developed a very sore and raw throat, and my voice has gone west. Good news for some – getting a little peace!

I will try to sleep as much as I can tonight, and hope that I feel better tomorrow. I will have to seriously think about whether to go to the BBQ Stakes tomorrow, even though I was only concerned about the rain and riding this morning!

To bed, to sleep, to recover!


4 Responses to “Short Post:”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Maby its the body telling you it needs a few days rest! It was hoping your muscles might let you know...but looks like they forgot :) That is great that you pulled up so well! Wow ultas... there's a challenge!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh no, the dark side is calling the Duck!!

    Make sure you get some rest. Hope you feel better soon.

    J.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It's great you haven't pulled up sore. It's amazing how differently people's bodies handle stresses. Poor old CJ can hardly walk and yet you are fine. I wonder if it's because you hopped in the water straight away. I don't know if CJ did that as well?

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    CJ did hop in the water straight after so maybe there was potential to endure even more suffering if I hadn't! ;-)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km