Happy Old 2005!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It was forecast to be hot today - 38*C - so getting out early was the best plan. I failed, the combined effects of night sweats and a (more moderated, but still out there) sinus headache. The kitchen was scrubbed thoroughly though in the process.

I left on my road bike, hoping to get in the first of many decent rides, with no clear plan of a route, however being prepared to take it as it comes. Given the weather, I headed north instead of towards the Cotter / Uriarra Loop to ensure that I had the option of shortening the ride, access to cold drinks and fewer hills to begin with.

With this in mind, I rambled through Gungahlin and out onto the Federal Highway, where I topped up my now hot an empty bidons at the 'servo at Eaglehawk Hill. A smooth roll down the freeway to the Tulip Farm, and then back along the highway. I was greeted with genuine disbelief when I rode through the 'drive thru' at McDonald's at Dickson for another refill of cold drinks with Ice. I got a great reception, and it was a good move, time and cost efficient.

Despite lots of traffic lights, I continued on through civic and up the parkway (memories of the Canberra Marathon), before clicking over my planned 60km for the day.

I felt magical! Perhaps it was just that I kept amply hydrated, however there was nil fatigue, heat effects or anything. Getting smart in my old age?

Bob and I took in a movie (an annual event for us I'm afraid) that afternoon and decided not to see in the new year with a cycling race on tomorrow (for Bob) and another scorching day predicted.

Here's to 2006!


4 Responses to “Happy Old 2005!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    All the best for 2006.

    Plu

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sounds like a great way to see out the year FD! Looking forward to catching up in April!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sounds like a great ride. I hope 2006 is a great one for you!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You had a great year in 2005 Flashduck. I hope 2006 is as kind to you.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km