Aquathon #3


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Can I Sleep Now?

A too busy day ~ squeezing in shopping (ugh) for gifts for a Runner's 60th Birthday, a 2 year old's adoptee toddler shower, dental appointments and getting to the 3rd Aquathon on time.

By the time we were at the start, I was ready to curl up and go to sleep, I couldn't stop yawning, the wind had come up and the air and water temperature were decidedly chilly for this waddling duck.

Once I started however, in the small, last wave again, I got into it and tried to remember what I was doing in the pool. A little nervous about trying out the new Brooks T3's in the event, especially as the inner sole was attached at the heel, yet loose enough elsewhere to come out dangling whenever I removed my foot.

It all went well, I swam better, although the slowest, and enjoyed the runs with negative splits each time.

After crossing the finish line, Bob and I dashed off to shower in the Yacht Club, change into real clothes, and head to the Hyatt for the Birthday Celebration. Despite being unable to remove the large '40' scrawled on my calf, or the 4 race numbers on my limbs, I don't think anyone noticed anything other than a large appetite.


1 Responses to “Aquathon #3”

  1. Blogger Sarah 

    Hey Flash - did you notice the commentators were calling out your name a lot :-)

    I was helping out Brad who was commentating, and discovered who you were so made sure we called you out each time!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km