Summer, Where Art Thou?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(or why am I so slack, that I blame the weather)

Having increased my swimming from 0 to 10 kms in a week, I know that I should have a day out of the pool. Went to Customs Joggers at lunchtime today in cool and mild conditions, with the plan to run moderately for the 5k, then have an easy 6 or 7k cooldown afterwards.

A little underwhelming at the start of the handicap, wedged between the slower and faster runners on my own. Found that I hadn't tied my shoe laces up when I started running, and so stopped to tie them. My mind kept wandering - saw someone jogging in the other direction I haven't seen for ages, made plans for the weekend and so on until about 1.5k into the run when I realised how much my mind was drifting. Focussed a bit more and came home strongly, although my heartrate did peak at 200 bpm. During the first kilometre it averaged only 97 bpm

There was a huge turnout today in the cooler conditions and with end of school holidays. After catching up with people, I did an easy flat 6k and enjoyed it. Plans for longer runs on the weekend with I hope will coincide with warmer weather and the return of our fleeting summer.



1 Responses to “Summer, Where Art Thou?”

  1. Blogger Unknown 

    It's going to be a good weekend, Flashduck! Love that name! Enjoy the sun whilst it's out! LL

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km