Wednesday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I felt great after a fairly heavy few days overnight, so much so that I ended up being able to go back to sleep from about 3:15am thinking of how to fit a longer run in today. Only got to sleep about 6:30 and then for a very short time.

Funny thing was, I didn't feel quite so anxious for a quick 24k when I was out of bed! Plans changed, so I ended up at the BBQ Stakes lunchtime handicap run at Woden, and from the start of my cycle there realised it was going to be a very easy jog at best. I went off my usual handicap (12:15) and within the first few hundred metres my quads were politely asking me to stop and turn around. I just kept jogging, chatting to people as they passed me, and engaging in a nice conversation with Col from the 4k mark. 47th out of 50, felt better at the end than before the beginning, and was surprised that my time was 31:30 when I was taking it so easy, with an average heart rate of under 140 bpm.

There was a message that my new racing flats had arrived, to stopped by The Runners Shop on the way to pick up my Brooks T3. Not as comfortable as the Nike's, however they should do. If I find some elastic laces I will try them out at the Aquathon tomorrow night. Now, to find something nutricious to eat and drink!



0 Responses to “Wednesday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km