When the Cat's Away . . . .

E-mail this post

Remember me (?)

All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I get stuck into housework!

(Sort of).

Bob left on his Vietnamese Cycling Odyssey last night, and I have been busying myself with removing most obvious food items from the 'fridge, and replacing the shelves with containers of Jelly, flagons of water and cartons of 30 FortiJuice. A small container of lactose free milk for Lucy, the wonder-cat and her grilled chicken and 'roo mince are the only obvious exceptions.
With a heap of vacuuming done, I have been attempting to bring my winter clothes to the fore, manage paperwork, do some backups, and all that jazz. I arrived later for the start of the Customs handicap than I would have liked, as I needed to collect some gear from the pathologists which took a lot longer than it should have. Then, whilst washing my hands the tap went ballistic and I had one side drenched. Luckily, it was quite still with very little breeze.
I went off my correct handicap of 11:15, only 15 seconds behind two 'new' girls, who are improving with frightening speed. Adrienne only started coming to Customs last week and broke 5:00 minute pace for the 5k for the first time. Bronwyn has been along a few more times, pushing Aki to her PB, although she too shall overtake me shortly.
Once again, I was yawning for the first k or 2 of the run, not exactly feeling sluggish, although not in sparkling form. I managed to pass the girls at the turnaround, and continued well. The last bit was a little difficult as there was no one to chase, yet I managed to hold on fairly well. I finished in a net time of 22:45, well off PB pace, however a good haul over the last 3km. It still underlines the fact that I need to do a lot of work on warming up, especially as just about all my PB's (not those stated in the sidebar) have been achieved during a leg of a multisport event . . . when I am well warmed up.
Afterwards, I put on a long sleeve top, added a fuel belt, and, once I tore myself away from listening to an interesting report on NewsRadio, hit the path over Commonwealth Avenue Bridge. I did an anti-clockwise loop of Central and East Basin, partaking in a bit of bush bashing and rock scrambling when exploring a new route into the Wetlands, and coming back past Duntroon and the Boatshed.
A very satisfying and surprisingly quick 13.8km - just under 72minutes. Felt good and light on my feet, unexpected after the hills yesterday. (An 800m ascent over the 12km). spoke to Aki for an hour, and am pleased to hear that we will see each other at the cross country tomorrow. Now to check my emails, and continue on the paperwork!

1 Responses to “When the Cat's Away . . . .”

  1. Blogger TA and the Gnome 

    You amaze me. I am astounded that you find something to run at everyday. There must be lots of running events on in Canberra. TA

    Ps I lived in Red Hill when I was 4 ( but I don't remember much :-)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link


About me

Previous posts

Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk

  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km