Nothing about Running here


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Feel good, just out of time when awake!

Spent the morning chopping and prepping kilos of onions, garlic, potatoes, kumara and silverbeet for a couple of Carolyne-style Spanish Tortilla. This potato omelette is a lighter version of the traditional casa tortilla which is prepared with liberal quantities of olive oil. I usually prepare a couple at a time, finished in the oven, with lots of vegetables and little oil and eggs only to bind. Stored then in the fridge, Bob can slice himself a wedge or three whenever he needs a substantial snack or quick meal between training or if home late at night. Lots of carbs, lots of flavour and 'good tucker'. His usual accompaniment is Sweet Chilli Sauce ~ a strange cultural mix, although one he swears works. He is feeling omnivorous at the moment, so I tossed some batons of chorizo through as well.

Another beautiful day with a 19 degree temperature range. I went for a short spin on the road bike for the first time in far too long. I enjoyed it greatly, only a 20km loop, but back in the saddle. Coupled with doing a lot of climbing up and down the ladder to sort out the storage shelves I got very weary and climbed into bed. Sleep came soon and I slept for quite a few hours in the afternoon. I had had a fairly dry night and a good night's sleep which was a relief. I am interested in Mister G's idea of endocrine system stress, muscles are good, immune system is fairly strong (for this little duck), but I realise that there is 'something else' I need to account for. Stay healthy, stay uninjured.

I am really excited about the Test starting tonight. Thank heavens for SBS!


4 Responses to “Nothing about Running here”

  1. Blogger CJ 

    Yum - that Carolyne-style Spanish Tortilla sounds delicious! It was a beautiful day today - shame I spent most of it in a pokey training room learning about an on-line financial management system. Take care - stay healthy!

  2. Blogger Jen 

    Those Carolyne-style Spanish Tortillas sound delish !!

  3. Blogger Unknown 

    Sounds like my favourite food, FD! I'll let you know when I intend to drop by your place! Hope to see you in Sydney again!

  4. Blogger Sarah 

    Hey, I'd love to join you on your next ride!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km