Marathon Social Whirl


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sunday 12:30 ~ Kirribilli
Bob and I caught a ferry across from Circular Quay to Milson's Point (Luna Park $4.80 each one way), although we almost didn't make it due the extreme pushiness of a rude, pram-wielding woman who mowed all her wake. We survived, and made our way up to the Hotel to meet Lucky Legs and Wombat for a spot of lunch before they drove back south. We found a small cafe at Kirribilli, and I thoroughly enjoyed my first meal for many months! Bob and I had Thai Fish Cakes with salad, Lucky Legs a toasted sambo, and Wombat some good looking pancakes. Mmmm, food. I especially enjoyed the salad, I adore fruit and vegetables, and this is what I've missed most.
Too soon we had to part, and after hugs and looking forward to catching up at the Canberra Times Fun Run on Sunday I found that my mobile was full of missed calls.

Sunday 1:30 ~ Vibe to Orient Hotel

After a game of telephone tag, CJ wandered down from her hotel at North Sydney to meet me. We walked across a windy Harbour Bridge to meet the 'CR Gals' at the Orient Hotel. It was great to see Horrie and Belinda before they headed off; Belinda's grin was glued to her face and shall always be burned in my memory.

Among those left, were Johnny Dark, Bennyr, Tesso, The Owl and Jen. It was great to catch up, and I was still running on Adrenaline. We drifted away about 5pm, as I was mindful of the need to get ready for dinner at my sister's place that evening. Another walk across the bridge with CJ and plans to meet The Owl and Jen at the Lindt Cafe on Monday. There wasn't too much time to spare, however I enjoyed a good soak in the bath first!

Sunday 6:00 ~ McMahon's Point

Bob and I walked the kilometre or two to my sister's place at McMahon's Point for dinner. We rarely manage to see each other, as she is busy with her career as an academic, so this was a rare treat although I was a little concerned about my staying power! It was a lovely evening; her new (to me only) partner was there, and we christened a new barbeque in a magical candle lit courtyard. Some gourmet lamb cutlets with Rosemary; Thai Sausages and Steak were accompanied by an assortment of vegetable dishes made largely from produce grown on their property in the Southern Highlands. Very pleasant indeed!
As the wind developed we moved inside for desert - homemade plum pudding to be eaten prior the next Christmas batch being made! My two nieces were also there, Ingrid in Year 11, and Claire a totally hip 20 year old. Her boyfriend turned up during desert, and he quizzed us about triathlons. He headed off for the hotel, straining against the wind, I can't remember a more perfect day.


2 Responses to “Marathon Social Whirl”

  1. Blogger CJ 

    Carolyne it sounds like you had a lovely and sociable weekend - glad I could be part of it. See you on Sunday!

  2. Blogger TA and the Gnome 

    That sounds absolutely wonderful. Glad you got to enjoy Sydney, CRs and lots of yummy food. All the best to the team on Sunday.

    TA

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km