Quickie


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is necessarily brief: I had attempted to update earlier, but Blogger was closed for maintenance :(

I am waiting for Bob to fire off the Duathlon Newsletter and pack his road bike in the car so that we can head up to Sydney. I slept really well last night (the sleep that counts!) with no night sweat to mention. Listened to the cricket until the Tea Break, did frequent calculations in my Pooh-sized brain about the marathon. I feel so much better with a dry nights' sleep!

I'm never confident about internet access when travelling until I'm connected, so I may not be able to post for a while. It looks as though today will be taken up with travelling and Bob finding a place for his dinner. I MUST be more conscientious today about "carbo loading" with FortiJuice. In both Willy to Billy and Canberra this year I got caught up with events on the previous day and didn't have many calories. Hopefully being a bit better prepared will help tomorrow. The rain is settling in here in Canberra, and it is getting cold. Although the prospect of "Rain Clearing" didn't put me off, the air temperature here (with the added prospect of being wet), does. It should be fairly warm though (16°C - 23°C), and unlike many others, I don't mind warm conditions.
Hanging out for meeting Jen_Runs at Lindt's Cafe on Monday! After months without solid food, I am obsessing about chocolate. As I see the surgeon in Sydney on Tuesday, I may as well be both post marathoned and fed!

Dreaming of new trail runs already . . . .


3 Responses to “Quickie”

  1. Blogger Friar 

    Managed to get in a run from home despite the frequent showers between 1 pm and 3 pm..
    Headed off to Narrabundah Hill.
    It is NOT in Narrabundah, but just west of Duffy.
    Did one lap anti-clockwise and the next clockwise.
    Good to be on familiar ground, even though it was soggy in spots.

    Will be thinking of the contingent in Sydney, and hoping you all perform well.

    I like Lindt, in fact we have two small lots of Lindt packets and a small bar of Lindt Chocy.

    Might all be consumed after The Canberra Times Fun Run. :-)

    Or will we be tempted earlier??

  2. Blogger Aki 

    Go Flashduck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (!)

  3. Blogger strewth 

    Best of luck Flash Duck - will be looking forward to hearing the outcome. Enjoy that Lindt choccie Monday and hope the surgeon has positive things to say. You guys will be number one in my thoughts tomorrow. I'm sending positive vibes!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km