Too Tired


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Was keen to get to Customs Joggers today, as it would be the last time Aki and I would be there together until the next Uni break. Decided to ride my road bike down, with the hope of a longer ride through Coppins Crossing on the way home. For the first time I tried putting my shoes in the back pockets of my jersey and travel light without a backpack. It felt a little odd, but has potential. It didn't take long though to find that my legs were dead, and my great fatigue merely increased.

Trotted the course quite conservatively, and was pleased to mumble words of encouragement to all those who whizzed past me in the handicap event. Although I had no accurate sense of pace, as I had not calibrated the Polar s625x for the new Brooks T3 shoes, I was rather surprised how an easy jog felt on this course although the pace was still under 5 minute pace. Aki kept well in front of me, with a huge sprint to the finish and quick recovery, equaling her second best time on the course.

I came in 23:21 and found the running good, but still felt like crawling back into bed. A mercy call from Bob requiring cable ties to attach the speed sensor to his forks resulted in a protracted trip to hardware, car accessory and bike shops to find ones of the correct width and length. By this time, it was late, I hadn't eaten all day, and I was exhausted. I rode home the shortest route on the main roads (where I had a missile thrown at me by the passenger of a car), and crawled into bed. I can't work out why I am so tired, I just need to sleep.


0 Responses to “Too Tired”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km