A Flat Period - Over!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I felt wonderful after the triathlon on Sunday, ready to take on the world.

On Monday, went for an afternoon run out and back in Aranda Bushland, keeping it it short (6km), flat and on soft surfaces. Felt great physically and keen to get back into it tomorrow.

Tuesday, I stuffed around, and eventually got out on the bike, but despite the beautiful day I was merely going through the motions. I cruised around a bit, and then went home. Physically I was fine, my upstairs there was no one home.

Wednesday was a non-day exercise wise. My motivation just wasn't there. I liked the idea, however my heart wasn't in it. Took it on the chin and decided it was a 'mental health day', saw an exhibition, and Bob and I caught the movie 'Motocycle Diaries' in the evening. A good day, and I looked longingly at the bush around Black Mountain driving home.

Yippee!
Today was much better. I hoped to do a longer run, however was just going to play it by ear and see how I went. Whilst it took a couple of k's to get into the swing, I settled into a comfortable pace and enjoyed just running. Whilst not quick, I did a rambling circuit of Lake Burley Griffin, delving into Weston Park and other peninsula's along the way to fill up water bottles and get an alternate view of this perfect day. All up, about 25k, finishing better than I started. Very easy pace, and the lowest heart rate I can remember for a run (126 bpm) under 60% of my max. reserve. At least I'll be well rested for the half marathon on Sunday.


0 Responses to “A Flat Period - Over!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km