Re-energized and Ready to Go!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a difference a day (or two) makes.

On Wednesday, I could barely be bothered, today I felt like a million dollars. As I had an appointment immediately before the Customs run, I drove and therefore was able to do a short warm up and cool down to bookend the event, not having to safeguard my bike, wallet, helmet etc.

Although I felt that I would run OK, but not fast, on the back of yesterdays medium-long run around the lake, I felt good from the start and kept it up. Once again I finished a little faster than I started, despite the one hill being at this end. Fourth across the line (on handicap), I managed to run 22:24 for the 5k, a recent PB, and I wasn't working too hard. My average and max. heart rate were well within a green training zone.

Finished off with a relaxed jog around Central Basin on yet another perfect late summer's day in Canberra. If only it was always like this . .. .

Late Night Edit:
Bob and I went down to Black Mountain Peninsula for an Open Water Swim with some of the Tridents. I am not a great swimmer, can hang in there (I'm very stubborn), but am really slow. Nevertheless I was able to swim 4 'laps' of a triangular course between three buoys. All in all, Bob calculated we did about 1,400m. The water was wonderful, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

When we got home, there was a flurry of emails to organise a get together over coffee for three of we Canberra Cool Runner 'girlies'. So tomorrow afternoon it is. Should be fun!


0 Responses to “Re-energized and Ready to Go!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




About me

Previous posts




Fellow Bloggers

  • Aki Runs!
  • allrounder
  • Lucky Legs
  • Team Moore
  • CJ
  • Run Ben!
  • Strewth!
  • 2P's worth
  • The Gronk




  • Distance Swum
    February 17,400m
    October 3,800m
    November 4,150m
    December .
    Distance Cycled
    November 120km
    December 297 km